Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I aspire...

I aspire to be better tomorrow than I was today...

I will not sneak 3 chips ahoy cookies (ok more like 6)
I will not stop at SBs on my way to school
I will not go one more day with out folding the clothes (ok maybe one more)
I will not procrastinate balancing the checkbook (I totally did that tonight!)
I will drink one extra bottle full of water (I'm only drinking about 4 20oz ea day)
I will watch less TV (this has to wait until Thursday...  Modern Fam is on tomorrow)
I will let go of the petty, silly things that bug me (like a pair of dark mens socks that got dropped next to the hamper instead of in it (I could have picked them up and started them to wash faster than I complained about them))
I will sing one extra song to the kids as we drive to daycare (even if it means I go around the block one extra time)
I will make something wonderful with Mason this weekend (strawberry shortcake sans the cream is calling my name)
I will make an effot to have the whole family around the dinner table one extra night a week

I am writing my Aspire list down so that now I am accountable for it... and when I have risen above my today.  Micah will be convinced that he needs to take me here in a few months. 

BECAUSE... I believe strongly in a reward system and I also believe in equality, and if Mason gets an M&M for using the potty then I should get a reward for all of the above and then some! 

Reasons to go...

1  Our friends are going (peer pressure is the best!)
B. He still owes me several Honeymoons (Alaska does not count)
III. I neeeed a vacation!
D  He really neeeeds a vacation!
5.  Hello its Mexico!
VI Micah really needs to brush up on his Spanish, what better way than by immersing himself in the culture! (ok so the culture might be more inland, but its closer than here)

Help me convince my  generous, sweet, wonderful,  generous, amazingly handsome, (did I mention generous?)  hubby, that is would be heaven on earth for both of us!  Then help me convince my mama that her grandbabies would absolutely love love love to see her and grandpa for a few days about the same time!!!

2 comments:

Nathaniel and Julie Clinger said...

Yes, you and your hubby need to take this vacation.
Sunshine does the body good.
Does the mind good.
Does the soul good.
Good luck with this endeavor.

Tawny Crane said...

Good aspirations! Why are things that seem so simple so hard? Better not let your miles go to waste go on that kid, school, work,cleaning, cooking free vacation.... wow that sounds good. We'll see you there, right after this murderous 60 hours a week tax season.