Wednesday, March 30, 2011

fire... FIRE!

We were driving to daycare on Tuesday (yesterday) and the I could see this giant black ploom of smoke, as we got closer on the Beltline I could see the flames shooting 20 feet up in the air right next to the road.  So I quickly grabbed the I-touch and its handy little camera...


The firemen had just gotten on scene, and you can see they are just about ready to open up the hoses! 

When Mase saw the fire he said "OHHH MAMA, OHHH MAMA... HOT, HOT!"  Then I could here him blowing on the window... such a funny kid!!!


I took the kids to daycare, did a quick drop (I was afraid they were going to close the freeway) and was back by the fire in less than 15 mins.  It was already out!  What a great dept. we have here!!


Someones camper and car are gone!  I hope no one was hurt and that they are insured!

3 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Wow, so scary! AND how cute is Mason, waiting for his dad to come home. How precious!

theyoungs said...

We are doing some fund raising! If you can help that'd be awesome!

http://hcf.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=467232&lis=0&kntae467232=38D645FFEAEB466395D224A4A4E76BB9&supId=322145525

tacky to ask here? Who knows, but I don't have Mic's email. Sorry Mel.
Steve and DaNae

Tawny Crane said...

Did you notice another building got burnt across the freeway too!