Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WWJD... really?

So this is a bit of a funny, sarcasticy, ranty post! Just be forewarned!


So i went out with some girl friends last night to give Anna that one last hurrah before Aaron graces us with his sweet little self. We had lots of fun chatting about babies and mutual friends. When we left we were approached by one of the many homeless people in Eugene. Poor thing had led a life that was definitely showing on her face... (do you remember the bitter beer face commercial... that face) She asked us for money so she and her boyfriend could get back to there camp... no one had cash (we all paid w/ cards), but we did have out doggie boxes (mmm whiskey river bbq wrap) So my friend Liane did a totally sweet and selfless WWJD thing she gave this woman her leftovers... then the woman turned and looked at me like ok your turn hand it over... I did... ugh! She left us yelling to the boyfriend that had been hiding in the bushes, that she had left overs (oh yeah) I didn't think a whole lot of it and we remained in the parking lot chatting and saying our goodbyes... when I was leaving I saw that same homeless chick riding on a bike (stolen?) and talking on a cel phone! The nerve of that horrible person! I was so looking forward to eating that wrap today and... I really hope she falls off her bike and skins her knees!

So my question and realization from this lesson is... Its unfair to say WWJD, he has insider information! Those are horribly unfair standards! No one knows for sure how JC would act in one situation or another and asking his people to guess sets them up to be taken advantage of!

Now i realize that I have forfeited any and all blessings I may have received because I gave grudgingly, but I hate being taken advantage of and it irritates me when people expect a hand out instead of working for what they need... I will give no more to the vagrant of Eugene!

6 comments:

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Charlie and I are laughing our heads off. What a funny post! Your evaluation of "WWJD" is perfect...he does have inside information!

Kate and Cole said...

That sucks about your leftovers. I would've kept mine! hahaha!!! I hate it when I leave my leftovers at the restaurant. Then no one gets it! Atleast she probably enjoyed it!

Mechelle said...

I hate when I leave my leftovers too! We had some bums that would work this corner next to the bank I used to work at- we would watch them get into their car at the end of the day and drive off or switch with another! It bugs doesn't it!

Tadd Family said...

well, JC didn't judge either.. maybe the bike was the last thing she had to call her own, but maybe the cell phone was stolen. but you never know, just because she had those things doesn't mean she wasn't starving or could afford food. you did a good thing! sorry about your wrap though, that sucks. just think about all the great things you have, and get those blessings girl! lol

Julie Barnes said...

I figure the woman will get what is coming to her in the end (if she really is "homeless" then that is pretty sad) BUT if she isn't homeless and can afford a cell phone, THE NERVE!

The Hintze Family said...

I totally know how you feel. I went to the mall and there was a lady and a little boy outside, so I gave them $10, no big deal. But when I came out right before closing I saw them getting into a brand new (not even a license plate, just the paper) Lexus!!! I was livid! How can people really be like that? Since then I don't give money or food to the homeless - I'm sure I'll loose some points for that!