Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A weekend of projects...

I have caught the bug... the decorating bug (anything to help the time pass) This weekend I decided to make some changes to the decor of our apt (its about time) I also put the finishing touches on my baby shower gifts for Anna... and I started a very very small side business, so here they are tell me what you think!


I got 3 of these huge pictures for free in AK, (it pays to be nice to the maintenance guys) I love that they take up space, but the frames were all gold...yuck!

So I took apart the first picture apart and accidentally broke the glass (oops) I taped the other 2, and spray painted the frames black... poor mase got a front row seat!

All painted... phew! (this picture reminds Micah of Star Valley... precious!)

How sexy are these now



I know most of the people that check my blog have read/heard me mention my GF Anna, well she is 8 months pregnant with a lil boy! I wanted to make sure to give her something nice for her shower to show how awesome I think she is (because I wouldn't leave the house if it weren't for her), but I'm on a pretty tight budget... so of course I started sewing & sewing & sewing! I made several versions of everything (I couldn't get the colors right), so of course I have a few left overs...


When Anna opened her gift at the shower several of the women loved the different things I made... especially the crayon roll. So thus my lil venture for some extra pocket change.





Oh and Ava Dorney is getting the crayon roll... Debbie just tell me what her favorite colors are! (I'm guessing pink or yellow, I have this cute pink and blue print its fruity, although I am loving lime grn/brwn just what ever she likes!)

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I LOVE that you can knock stuff out so quickly! I seem to just be able to gather ideas and never finish them. I love the frames! makes them look 10x better.

You're quite the inspiration. I need to be more like you.

Kate and Cole said...

Those pictures look awesome in black! Nice going!

Vicki said...

Everything looks so nice. You did a superb job! I especially love your fabric choices. Where do you buy your fabric?