Thursday, April 9, 2009

Oh the Sea, the beautiful sea...

We decide at 5pm on Saturday to take a drive to coast... Micah had worked all day and could have worked through the night, but the day was so beautiful and warm so we packed the car with for a trip with Mase and out we headed. Our favorite beach is very small tucked between two rock ledges and a small river feeds into the ocean, the wind is blocked and the reef creates beautiful large waves...one day we will pay to have family pictures done on this beach. The water was too frigid even for our toes, but it was so peaceful watching the sun sink slowly into the ocean.

It was worth the 1 1/2 hour drive to get there, the carsickness I always get on curvy roads, mason crying on and off the whole trip... we need to betogether as a family! Its been a very long busy season and I have battled depression through it all. I only admitt to my spout of the blues, because some people seem to think I hold it (what ever 'it' is) together well... I don't and there were days my poor son stayed in his jammies and days I didn't shower or make dinner or clean and I would cry all day... As the season winds down and I have solid plans for trips and visitors I can feel myself coming back! I can see the stress of this time leaving my husbands shoulders and I thank god we made it!

So here is to a fun/happy/sunny summer, to more family time and a better strategy for next season! And a big giant thank you to Anna, she kept me off the ledge!


I love this place! I feel peace/content here...

When you wear a diaper any place is acceptable to take a "duke"! It stunk so bad! What could he have eaten to smell that aweful?

My handome guys... I love them soooo much!

Ahhh peace!

6 comments:

Lindsy said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better, I know the feeling. Casey goes to school in the day and works nights so I spend ALOT of time alone with the girls, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel when Sunday comes along and Casey is home for the whole day!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Yeah for sun and summer. It won't be long before we are in the middle of long summer days. I CAN'T wait! I am glad that you are feeling better!

Kate and Cole said...

Those pictures are so pretty. I love the coast. That's great you guys got to go! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have a blog!!
mason is adorable!
i'm saving your link on my page!

Julie Barnes said...

so jealous! I love the ocean!

Porter Family said...

Hey girl! I'm back in the blogging world again and determined to catch up on everyone. So sorry to hear you struggle with the D word. You should have never moved! Just come back and we can make it through the winters here together. Mason is so darn big and cute. Love all the hair...please share with Bohdan! I love you!