Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nothing New Here...

Do you ever feel like you are stuck in a rut? I have been feeling that way for the past couple of weeks! I have a serious case of melancholy... if it where not for my girl Anna I would be a lump on our couch! So I decided that I need to make a better effort at... life?

So I started 4 projects and the one that is coming along the best is Mason's quilt! Yah, I have it pieced together, I've decided that I don't like the back I picked so now I just need to figure out a new back!

Mic is still working ungodly hours 8-10 or 12 at night and he works saturdays and sundays too! I think that is the source of my depression, I miss my MAN!!! His test is on the 28th (everyone pray that he passes, and he gets enough studying in) and then he swears March will be just Taxes and no studying! My parents have generously offered to fly me home to visit for the week before Mic's test, utah here I come!


Other than that here are a few pics to pass the time!




Mase's fav toy is a hanger... could there be a clothing obsession in our future, we could use another Charles in the family!

Look at all that hair everyday it gets thicker and thicker!




Eugene is Hippie capitol of the world, I just love a good war protest, 30 years from now I hope people are posting pics of me standing up for my beliefs and rocking out on a street corner... (no not as a prostitute)

5 comments:

Kate and Cole said...

Melinda I completely know where you're coming from! I have been feeling that way since Jan. 1st! It's just the time of year. There's nothing to look forward to. It's cold outside. I have had no motivation to clean my house and it's been driving me nuts! Finally got it done though, finally! Hang in there and just know every stay at home mama I know is going through the same rut!!!

Chelsea said...

I think the month of February gets to people. Maybe that's why someone tossed in Valentine's Day in the middle of the month as a little pick-me-up for the soul. I hear you about life, though. For example, tonight my big accomplishment was actually making dinner and ironing some fabric. Yup, that's it. And it's 11:30 and I'm really tired.

Hmm...maybe that last paragraph needs to go on my blog.

I can't wait to see pictures of his quilt! I haven't ever made an actual quilt before {well, except a rag quilt} so you're beating me! Maybe I just need to have a baby for that extra motivation.

Mechelle said...

I agree with Kate- it is definately the time of the year- it's sad when you are happy to bring your little one to the doctors office just to get both of you out of the house! It has been snowing here off and on 3-4 days this week and so I have become a hermit- a rather large and water-retaining hermit- I feel just fabulous :(! But at least you have things going on- quilt good idea! rocking out on a corner maybe as a prostitute... ok not a good idea- but funny to think about!

Mechelle said...

Oh and by the way- I copied your little laugh quote from Sis. Hinckley! Hope that is ok!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Why can't we live closer????? You say that you need some action in your life and I would love to have a little "Rut" in mine.