Friday, February 13, 2009

A life's work down the drain...

A lifes work down the drain... A Utah woman listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for her long fingernails has lost them in a car crash. Lee Redmond of Salt Lake City sustained serious but non-life-threatening injuries in the accident Tuesday.

Redmond's nails, which hadn't been cut since 1979, were broken in the crash. According to the Guinness Web site, her nails measured a total of more than 28 feet long in 2008, with the longest nail on her right thumb at 2 feet, 11 inches.

Salt Lake County Sheriff's Lt. Don Hutson says Redmond was ejected from an SUV in the crash and taken to the hospital in serious condition.

Redmond has been featured on TV in episodes of "Guinness Book of World Records" and "Ripley's Believe It or Not."

Kate listed this on her blog and I think that is about the funniest thing in the world... I also support her sister Joey in her need to share this story with the world, but mostly I just want to know if anyone knows how did she wiped and kept her nails out of the toilet? I saw a stunt on Jackass where steve-o drank a beer that had dripped down some nasty guys nails in India, fyi Steve-o threw up afterwards! (it was on one night really late... dont judge me!)


7 comments:

The South Pasadena Dornys said...

That is hilarious and disgusting! Hope your back feels better today Mel! D

Kate and Cole said...

I never thought about the toilet situation. I got to looking online last night after I posted that and found the man from India or where ever and he has one hand like this and the other has short nails. It said his fingers are now deformed. He started growing his out in 1952 or 54! AHHHH! gross

Chelsea said...

my first thought was the bathroom, too! And then I thought, how does she do anything by herself? her hair, getting dressed, eating? DRIVING? or even fitting those things in the car. sick sick. reminds me of those creepy movies...oh! Brothers Grimm...and the crazy witch.

Julie Barnes said...

That is just sick! How did this woman do anything? I guess she just did it... ha ha ha. I wonder how she showered and washed her face, let alone wipe? You are hilarious!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

That is nasty, do we know if it was the fingernails that caused the accident?
I hope you are feeling better, that sucks!

Mechelle said...

I hope that you're back gets feeling better soon too! Yeah I was laughing when the news came on and reported this story- I thought the same thing- man lady I am sure those things are covered in bacteria- I bet some is flesh eating!

Lindsy said...

When are you guys coming? You, me and Carolyn should go to lunch or something when you come, we are both always looking for an excuses to get out of the house! Email or facebook me caseyandlindsy@gmail.com