Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm stuck... help!

Ok this is Mason's quilt and I originally wanted to do one of those I spy quilts, but then I found this really cute material at JoAnne's and I loved the farm animals!

This is the material I picked for the back... it goes ok but I want all the letters to show so I need to pick border colors and I need to add on to the front so it will be large enough... or I need to find a cute barn themed back...

This is the materials again together

I thought about cutting out the letters for Mason's name and doing something cute but of course I have overwhelmed myself with too many choices soo give me some feed back what would you do?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, that petting zoo fabric is darling. I am a phyco matcher so I would buy matching petting zoo fabric for the back and make another simple tied quilt with the alphabet fabric. Maybe with a cute red plaid for the back. Just my opinion.

Chelsea said...

I would make two separate quilts. Both cute fabrics, but completely different styles, so it would be tough to find a border to mess the two well. I'd make the alphabet fabric the top of a second quilt and have a solid color on the back and go from there. With the top you've already pieced, again, go solid or a small pattern on back and quilt it with the ties, as Kira Rae suggested.

I can't wait to see what you do!

Chelsea said...

by mess i meant mesh. it's early.

Tadd Family said...

I agree with these 2 girls. Both are so cute! But they each have a lot going on, so 2 separate quilts with solid backs would balance their chi. lol. I love the tie quilt idea.

Mechelle said...

I don't sew too much but I would do what the others are suggesting too! way cute fabrics!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Hmmmm...do whatever you want to do, Mase will love it no matter what!