Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mason's Room

I wish so much that I had taken a before picture... It has bothered me for months that we had to stand up the spare bed against the wall and everytime I tried to lay it down and make it work with the furniture in the room nothing fit right soooo I traded Mason's big dresser (full of things he wasn't using) for one of our end tables in our room... I just need drawer storage for pjs and shorts I hang everything including onesies. I hung some curtains that I got a while ago on sale and made a really cute crib skirt... I need some more wall art, a new bedspread, and possibly a rug but it already looks a ton better!


My attempt at off the cuff creativity...
It could be worse

My favorite is the stars on the cutains... awe sweet dreams lil man

Tada... my crib skirt 4 hours later (Mason was not willing to play quietly in the corner while mama sewed)

Now to all my creative friends... give me your ideas! FYI... its an apartment so we can't paint!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I am sooo impressed with the crib skirt. Seriously, Mel, you can sew my future kids stuff anytime.

Since it's a no-paint zone, I'd invest in vinyl lettering or a vinyl design. They can get pricy, but it's cheaper than losing a deposit if you decide to paint. Once you're done with the vinyl you just use a blow dryer or another heat source to remove it. It won't damage the wall at all. You could probably find something for $25 or less that would fit nicely over the guest bed!

Tadd Family said...

I LOVE Mason's crib! You are so amazing, you make the best things out of such great deals.

I agree with you, I think a new bedspread would look great. This is what I did for ours. I bought 2 flat sheets (whatever colors coordinate with the room) from walmart so they were cheaper, and sewed 3 sides together inside out. Then at the bottom I did buttons (just basic, or cute ones matching the colors of the room) and it made my own duve cover! It was really easy, and cheap enough that I can change it whenever I want. You could even make pillow cases to match. Hope this helps :)

Kate and Cole said...

It looks so cute! Good job! I have to agree with you, the stars on the curtains is my fav!

Mechelle said...

So happy anniversay a little late! The first time I met both of you was at your wedding! And hello- you are super talented when it comes to sewing! The room looks great and I love the stars on the curtains as well!

The South Pasadena Dornys said...

What a cute room! I am thinking I need to re-do the girls room and I love the curtains and stars - maybe I'll do flowers. Thanks for the inspiration!