Friday, December 12, 2008

So here's your holiday!!



I was leaving Walmart yesterday and I noticed that the X-mas tree lot in the parking lot had mini trees for $5.00, and I thought, "I know we are leaving in a week, but we could get a lil tree and a cheap stand and do christmas, and i won't feel bad about tossing a tree after a week..." I excitedly called Mic and asked if we could get a tree, and he said ok. So last night we got all bundled up and headed out to Walmart and the tree lot to get some Christmas cheer! We got to Walmart and THEY WERE SOLD OUT OF STANDS!!! How freakin rude! I was so bummed that I kinda started to cry (I have no real holiday decor; it doesn't feel like Christmas at all, it's Mason's first X-mas, and I have no traditons... I don't work so it's not like I don't have the time; I just can't leave the stupid house!!!), so Micah drove to the other side of town to try and find a stupid tree stand but everyone was sold out! So until we get to Utah its just not gonna feel like Christmas for us.




On a side note, I took Mason into the doctor's office today and our sweet lil boy has the Croup (laryngitis for babies)! Seriously, we haven't left the house in 2 weeks because of the Pink eye that won't die. Oh, for the freaking love! So we are home bound until we leave and I am just praying we don't get our families sick! I am thinking by the time we see my sis and Ben, or Kate and Dax...Mase won't be contagious. Ugh

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Poor baby Mason! I don't know how we avoided pink eye with everyone else getting it. Hopefully it will all clear up and you guys will have a great trip! D

Chelsea said...

Aww, poor little man! I had pink eye in both eyes once, too (when I was 9) and it's just not fun at all.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Christmas decorations being on hiatus this year. Ya know how a month {or two} ago I said you won a prize from me? My original intention was for it to be a Christmas decoration of sort, but of course, I suck and still owe you something! {rest assured, I haven't forgotten:D}

One more week, right?!

Shortcake said...

I lOVE Christmas too so I totally understand, I felt like that last year! Lydia was only 4 weeks old. I honestly don't even have a picture of her on Christmas to put in her baby book. One Christmas, I bought a little string of lights and one long christmas garland, wrapped the garland with lights on it around a tall round juice bottle and that was the making's of our table top christmas tree. That was our only decoration that year, At least you have him all decked out for a picture. Sorry to here he's sick too, it's just no fun to have a sick baby!

Kathryn said...

I know how you feel with the whole christmas thing. We never had a tree or anything much because we would always take off to cali. And now that we are here we don't have a place to decorate but our families did a great job of decorating so I guess its ok. Hope Mason gets better poor guy

Kate and Cole said...

Hey there! We got your Christmas card. SO CUTE! I have it hanging on my door. Let me know when you are coming throught town! I can't beleive you don't have a tree. You have to decorate! It gets you in the spirit!