Monday, May 26, 2008

Open mouth insert foot!!!!

Well Micah and I went to church willingly for the first time in 3 yrs... and we really like our new ward. That being said they may not like me so much... so we arrived a little late for sacrament meeting and snuck in just before sacrament (i planned it that way to avoid the awkward first meeting) OK so I just postponed it until after, but still it was a sound plan. After the meeting we met several nice members and they being very helpful directed the bishop to us.

The man was so very sweet and very humble and the poor man so unprepared for me!! As we introduced our selves he began to ask the normal questions where are you from? where can I get your records? you know normal bishop questions. So we explained we had no idea where our records are being as we have been inactive for so long! He said and I quote "well bless you for choosing us". I of course being so wonderful sweet and thankful for his welcoming replied "well it was either you or the Catholics" ugh the poor man just stared at me like I had grown donkey ears right in front of him (Mic would say it was an Ass's tail but lets try to keep it clean people). Later as we spoke with the bishop he asked "are you expecting" OK so I am due at the end of June and I totally did not like that question at all, so i looked him straight in the eye and said "no I am just really fat"! For the love I look like I have watermelon down my shirt what did he think? Micah on the other hand believes that my Hormones have finally taken over "WHAT HORMONES"!?

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

oh my gosh that's hilarious! We haven't been very active since we moved into this ward (we went for 6 mos at least) and we KNOW we have to get into thinking about going to church once we move, so I completely understand this!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

That is awesome! You crack me up. I am sure that the bishop has no idea what he has gotten himself into. Even a normal Clinger at church isn't really that normal. And it doesn't really matter which Clinger you are either!

Lana // Blog Author said...

Melinda, I was laughing so hard at this. I can totally picture you're huge smile innocently saying "or the catholics" hahahahah! Holy cow... good luck with the new ward, it is SO scary going back to church... but I picked a good one when I went back the first time so I hope yours stays that way too!
LOVE YA!

Kathryn said...

I have always wanted to tell someone I wasn't pregnant when i was huge but never had the guts so props to you. Good luck in your ward. I love seeing those pics of the girls. good times.

Anonymous said...

This sounds just like you! Leave it up to you to keep us all in stitches!

Lindsy said...

Mindy! It's Lindsy Tadd, I was bored at work and was checking out the SFHS2000 blog and saw that you had been added. Congrats on the baby we are so excited for you, and if you haven't heard we are expecting another little one, but not until DECEMBER! I want to cry. Casey will be so excited I found your blog we are always asking Maxine how you are, but we both know she isn't the most reliable source. I have started a blog my self check us out and I hope to hear from you soon!

Porter Family said...

Girl! You crack me up! I can hear your little voice, okay, not so little voice, in my head as I read your blog. All I can say is, poor bishop. Just go easy on him. David is in Aniak this week, oh joy, I should be in bed sleeping, but instead got sucked into the blogging world. Not so much pinochle since you left, or laughter for that matter. We miss you, but love it not that it's warming up. Can't wait till you have your baby! Miss you tons. Be good. love ya!