Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'm struggling, but I wouldn't change a moment

In High School I took Chemistry 3 times and finally passed with a C-, I got a B in biology because the kid sitting next to me had a crush on me and did all the lab work (I was that girl who got sick during dissection).  This term I signed up for a Bio bonds the  CO reqs for Anatomy and Physiology.  Bio-bonds is Chem 112 and Bio 112, its a years worth of science smashed into 10 weeks!  Right now I live in the Science Resource Center, science has always been Chinese for me and I am fighting to maintain my A in Biology and B in Chemistry.  As stressed as I feel and as much as I feel like I'm dropping the ball in other areas of my life, I LOVE school!  I love that I can feel myself growing and changing, that I'm finally doing all the hard things that I thought I never could.  I never want to forget how I feel right now!

I live by these quotes, there are a couple posted around campus and when I read them I feel inspired to work harder, to push through the pain!  I hope they inspire you!  I hope that you feel like you're doing the hard things...

Your persistence is your measure of faith in yourself. -Margaret Thatcher.


By persisting in your path, though you forfeit the little, you gain the great. -Ralph Waldo Emerson.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

You can do it! And that's so awesome you've hit a stride where you are confident and getting it done!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Good Job Lady - Keep up the hard work! It will soon pay off!!!

theyoungs said...

Funny how we do lousy in high school, but much better when we are footing our own bills huh? I had the same thing when I went. Keep it up!

Where's those pics of Micah in his cool suit?

megs said...

Keep up the hard work, you deserve it! Congrats on the awesome, rock star attitude and using all your energy for something so good for you.

Nathaniel and Julie Clinger said...

This is awesome. Nothing like feeling accomplished. Keep it up. You are a great mom and now a professional student. Yeah!!