Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lullaby and sleep tight... hmm hmm hhhmm

Why is it that we always want what we can't have... right now I am obsessed with sleep!  I want SLEEP!  The amazing pre-child sleep of the dead, the kind that you have before you grow up and have adult stresses...  Do you remember that sleep... I do with such fondness *sigh*

Sleep of the innocent...

Sleep of the angels...

I like my babies best like this, I can quietly sneak into their room and scoop them into my arms, and do what all mothers do, listen for the sigh, that perfect beautiful sigh that quiets the fear. I worry, I am a worrier and I need the quiet reassurance of those sighs.  I check on them before I go to bed, I take them both in my arms and whisper things that mother's whisper to their sleeping babies, and re-tuck them into their beds...  I love those peaceful, precious  moments, that give me reassurance.  They remind me how very sweet my babies are when they sleep, and how grateful I am for 8PM bedtimes!!


1 comment:

Chelsea said...

They are so cute.

I'll see your 8pm bed time and raise you a 7pm.


If/when the time comes, I think I'll lobby for 7-7:30 bedtime, especially on a school night.