Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We got a crib!!!!!

I have been on the hunt for a crib for the last month. I have mostly been watching for a great deal on craigslist. My girlfriend Anna decided to help me find a crib and for the last week it has been her mission in life... but everything she found would always be sold really quick (go figure, other people want nice for cheap, too) So I decided to email all the crib listings that didn't have a picture and request one... and this is the beauty we got!

I cleaned it really good (it needed it) and set it up so he could sleep in it last night!
I bought a bumper last week at goodwill (they have the cheapest books) and obviously I can't really use a bumper with this crib because of the solid back sooo I imprivised. I measured out enough bumper to cover the bars and took apart the rest to make ties that connect in the back! I am debating on whether to make a crib set or buy a new one. What do you think?

Then I moved rooms around today... Mase is in his crib, in his room!

I couldn't bare to sell the bed, one day people WILL visit us and I will have a bed for them to sleep on! So in the meantime the guest bed will hold up the wall.

I'm thinking on painting the crib black, and modge podging cute scrapbook paper on the headboard, any ideas?

6 comments:

Lindsy said...

I would leave it white, and buy some cute fabric to make matching bumpers and a dust ruffle. You might have a girl next and black, to me, isn't very girly, then you would have to paint...again. Just a thought.

Ashlee said...

nice crib, black is cute but I do agree with the other comment, painting again would stink. congrats on the buy

Mechelle said...

Great steal- you never know what you are going to get- but yours is a good deal! I think that it is totally up to you- they have super cute bedding stuff for girls and you are crafty enough to make a baby set for a girl to match black or whatever color you want to paint it! I say have fun and do what will make you proud to look at!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Very Cute. You know that I am a sucker for dark furniture. I have always said that "Once you go black, you never go back!" Oh, was that about furniture or other things?
:-)
If Debbie, Kristen or mom reads this......I am just kidding!

Kate and Cole said...

YAY! Cute crib. Oh i bet you sleep so well now! I would anyway. It is a cute one. I have the same problem with daxie's crib (the solid back). I wanted to let you know to look on pottery barns kids website. They have the CUTEST stuff on clearance for dirt cheap. I only looked at a few to see what was available. But check it out and see if there is anything left. I'm talkin' about $6.99. No kidding. cute cute.

Tadd Family said...

I made our bumpers and matching blanket. I dont have the problem with the solid back, but if you sew your own, it can be any size you want. I agree with Linds. you dont want to be painting back and forth because then it will look gross after about 3 coats or so. Unless you want to paint black and stay black. Let me know if you start sewing something and i can help you out.