Monday, September 15, 2008

Yay for colorful poop, solids here we come...

The Doc says that we are good to try some solids... so here we go!


Ok mom what have you got there?

What the... we already talked about no bottles, I'm a straight boob man... ohh ohh this is different!

What the %/?@$

Sorry I find myself constantly putting words to his facial expressions! He decided he likes his rice cereal and his peaches... I worry that it might be to early to start him on solids, but the doctor said as soon as he stopped thrusting his tongue we were good to go! We weighed him again and 15lbs here we come! Its killing me that he is on his way to tripling his weight, (seriously my back is killing me!) soon his rolls will have rolls!

5 comments:

Porter Family said...

Wow, that is early. I must have a doctor with a different opinion. He said to try and wait for the six month mark, but like I said, just a difference of opinion. Plus it's cheaper, and we both know I'm cheap! I love their facial expressions when they try solids for the first time. And the fun will continue because everytime you try something new you get a great look on their face in return. love ya,
Amy

Porter Family said...

no worries! I'm sure it's fine if he said to try. But if it's too much work or you don't feel good about it, just don't do it. Save the money and spend it on yourself...not like it's that much anyway. ;-) He'll get plenty to eat from you alone and it's the best thing for him....so don't stress over it, just do what your heart tells you. Plus, the more you feed him mommy milk the more calories get burned. And I'm all about that.

The Hintze Family said...

I can remember the good old days of baby food! My youngest was the worst - she fought it so much! The best is their face - each food brings a new look! Have fun with that!

Brown eyed girl said...

My doctor made us wait to close to 6 month mark too... I've NEVER heard of feeding a baby solids that early...very interesting.... I'd skip it if you and him don't totally love it....and WAIT on the sweet stuff too. Avocado is the perfect first food for a baby, did you know that one?? For many more random facts, opinions, and babble, feel free to call me :P !!

Mechelle said...

He is so cute- i can't beleive how fast they grow! I don't have any advice for you because I have never had to any of that stuff yet! I'll probably be coming to everyone I know when it comes time for stuff like this!