Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mason is NOT a morning person!!!

I have been trying to switch Mason's sleeping schedule. Lately he won't fall asleep until after 2 am and then he sleeps in until after 10 its nice to sleep in, but lil man is not getting very good naps so I am surviving off of less than 6 hrs and here is my first attempt at the switch up..

He hates being on the floor normally, not this morning

He is usually awake while his chair is going... not this time

Even while I am holding him and talking to him... still sound asleep

3 comments:

Shortcake said...

The best thing that worked for me and Liddy is that I picked about the time I wanted to wake up most days(for us it's usually 7-8am) and woke her up at that time. Do whatever it takes to keep them awake for a couple hours. Liddy would usually be up 2-3 hours and then take a nap for a 1-2hrs. Now she's up 4-5 hours and down to 2 naps. It seems horrible at first, but then she started to get her sleep regulated better. It took a couple weeks, but she was an angel and started sleeping through the night at 5 weeks. I don't think it was just trying the schedule - I know all babies are different, but she goes down at 8 and wakes up between 7 and 8am. 12 hours of HEAVEN, most of the time until teething happened, but she gets back to her schedule pretty easily now. He's sure getting big! Good luck I hope you get better sleep soon!

Mark and Kristen said...

Yeah, good luck with that. Our kids are the boss of our sleep schedules no matter what we do. He's sure getting cute!

Porter Family said...

Nice, good luck with that. No advice here, but I know a good book called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It's nice and has lots of good info. You don't have to read the whole book all at once, just find the age and what the problem is. So much for no advice. hee hee.