Monday, April 19, 2010

Ramblings of the sleep deprived...

Its 2 in the the morning, and I'm awake.  I'm awake because I'm to the end of this pregnancy and am dealing the aches and pains of the last month, but also the nervousness of bring a new life into the world.
I've been wondering lately, how am I going to handle 2 children (I'm having an early morning panic attack)?  How exactly am I going to raise 2 boys to be good men like their father? 
Micah is one of the best men I've ever known, and I'm not just saying that because he's also my man (although I may be biased), I say that because I see how very hard he works, and the personal sacrifices he makes for us, he is utterly selfless when it comes his family.  I admire the standards he sets for himself and his drive to overcome challenges big and small.  My husband is of course not perfect, but somedays I wonder if he isn't darn close!
I've come to realize throught this post.  Our boys will be good men, because of the example that Micah sets for them and the standard of acheivement that he will constantly make them rise to!  I got lucky when Micah asked me to spend forever with him, I got a wonderful husband and an awesome baby daddy!

Micah, I didn't start this post out about you, but when I think of our boys growing up... I hope and dream that they will be like you!




Love you for always!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

awww. I love this entry. Sleep deprived or not, I'm sure you would have typed this the same way.

Great testimony to having a great husband and great role model for your boys.

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Awwww. After reading that I LOVE Micah too.