Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fighting w/ the MAN!!!

Today was my 36 week doctors appt, because I have C-sections I get to opt out of the awkward checking part of my appointments (hallejulah!)  This does not however save me from stupid people... my doctor for one! 
Ever appointment I try a new approach, to convince him we should move my C-section up!  This week I thought my argument was brilliant, too bad he still holds all the cards.

Our debate went something like this:
ME ~ The baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead, lets get this party started

Doc~ This just means your going to have a big 8lb baby

Me~ Doc, Mase was 6 11, I never said I wanted to be an over acheiver, I'm fine w/ a 6 pounder!

Doc~ Melinda, just think you could be going to your due date or even beyond

Me~ Doc your not making this easier, your making me want to slap you silly!

He left laughing to do some lucky lady's C-section and I was left to waddle slowly out... I'm down but not out!

6 comments:

Nichole Christensen said...

I WILL have your car seat cover to you before this baby comes! Just one more week and finals are over and it will be sewn and shipped! Yay! Your post made me laugh, though. :)

Chelsea said...

you are awesome! I love your conversation with the dr. He should listen to you.

Mechelle said...

I think that your argument is totally valid! Seriously doc, what's it to you!? It'll be over soon!

Chanty Cling said...

Melinda, has your doc ever had a baby pushing down so hard on his bladder that with every step he might pee? I don't think so, what does he know? I am so glad that you found my blog. I hope that Micah can see the light and let you do the race with us. We will all be a little overweight and running slow, but hey that's the best.

Dena Moon said...

Yay almost baby time!

Alexis 18 said...

lol. sooner or later that babies got to come out, what shall we do to make it happen faster? mmmmm, I've got some idea's, just don't know if you'll be down with them!