Sunday, July 13, 2008

Drive to the Coast and other adventures...

Well, we have had an eventful last couple of days... on Thursday poor Mason was circumcised, had his tongue snipped, and had his foot bled. Poor little man was not the happiest camper... although he didn't cry once during the circumcision. I was so proud! Micah and I decided to both go in with him. I think Micah was really curious as to what his parents had put him through(he claims he was there for comfort) I thought the sooner I could nurse him the better he would be; plus, the faster we could leave. My precious son also decided to pee all over me when they weighed him (his aim is so good he made it mostly down the front of my shirt)... there is a reason why the nurses have the parents participate, it's to use us as human shields!

On a much funner note we decided to take a drive to the coast on Saturday and it was wonderful. Mason loves the car so much he only woke once in 5 hours to eat! In all the pics he was even sound asleep. We love the Oregon coast. It was so beautiful, and I can't wait till next summer when we can explore with little man!

Before the doctors appointment (it looks like he knows whats coming)


5 comments:

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

That first picture is awesome! I love the one eye open look. And it looked like you had a blast on your road trip.

Shortcake said...

Okay so we kept trying to figure out if you were in Alaska or Oregon? Oregon, right? Adam's parents have a place in Grant's Pass - if we ever head there we'll have to drop in. I can't believe it's been two weeks already. Mason is so cute, I love the one eye, pirate look - argh! I'm glad we didn't have to deal with that kind of equipment the first time around - fun stuff!

Kade, DeAnn and kiddos said...

Melinda you look so happy, I love it. I hope you guys are doing good...

The Hintze Family said...

Your little family is so cute! And the coast looks amazing, I'm jealous!

Kathryn said...

Oh poor little boy! He is so little its adorable. I saw that you have breaking dawn on your countdown. I am on New Moon. I love those books but it seems like I never have time to read so they go so slow