Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Alone at last...


We brought Mason home on Monday afternoon, it was so scary to be alone with him... Micah and I came up with so many what "if scenerios" the nurses had to make us leave. Ok I was so ready to get home I hadn't been able to sleep (and the Nurses doing their hourly checks sure didn't help to sooth)! I was so excited to get home until I got wheeled to the doors and dropped off at he car, it hit me its just us... we are responsible for this little boys future, its up to us to help him become a good person, and alot of what he will make of this life will be directly connected to the examples we set for him. No wonder I cried the whole way home!

So far it hasn't been so hard, I just don't get alot of sleep. He is a good baby he isn't real spitty or whinny as long as he his fed, changed and warm he is good. Motherhood agrees with me and so much of what I never understood about moms I am finally getting.

This is Nurse Rhonda she was the best and took such good care of our little family!

Micah and Mason... daddy doesn't look exhausted does he?

Mason is happiest sleeping skin to skin with either of, sorry I refused to be photographed for obvious reasons.

Our handsome little man!!

8 comments:

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

What a cutie, we can't wait to meet him tomorrow. :-)

Mark and Kristen said...

He looks JUST like Micah, only not quite so hairy...yet. I can't help but check your blog, you guys make me laugh.

Kade, DeAnn and kiddos said...

He is so darn adorable, I can hardly stand it. I bet you guys are so happy. Are you having fun with your visitors? I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm excited to show Kade the new pictures of Mason. It's still pretty early so he's asleep but I know he'll love them. Talk to you soon...

Kade, DeAnn and kiddos said...

I bet you guys are having fun. We are Jealous.... We miss ya though but we are coming soon. Kade thought Mason is a handsome, young, strappling warrior. I agree. We'll talk soon.

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful, my bit of advice is cuttle as long as you want, the dishes can wait. Housework can wait, they grow so fast enjoy every mooment.

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Thanks for the great weekend! We had such a fun time.

Chelsea said...

He's really cute, Mel!

Love the pictures and I wish you guys lived closer!

Chelsea said...

He's really cute, Mel!

Love the pictures and I wish you guys lived closer!