Thursday, June 10, 2010

How I am keeping my sanity!


Mason is adjusting to having Miles around, but sometimes he can be a bit rough (just a bit).  I worried constantly about how we were going to keep the baby safe and help Mason to adjust to not being our only child anymore.  This is what we have come up with:


I found this "cage" at a yard sale 2 days before we had Miles, brand new, for $20 bucks (best 20 I've spent in a while)
Seriously, this has saved my sanity!


My friend Anna, just finished using her pack and play (I had been drooling over several at Toys R us that were just way out of the budget)  She let me buy hers for a steal!  The changing station is a perfect deterrent, I hide Miles under it when he naps, and Mason can't share his books and cars.

This is my new car seat cover, my friend Nichole made me!  I love it! 
Its saved poor Miles from the rain several times already.

Thank you so much Nichole!

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

You are a TRUE inspiration. We are about 5 months away from baby number two and that seems 5 months too soon. Edward is VERY used to going outside and having all of my attention. I like the cage idea. I might have to try it. :)

Nichole Christensen said...

I love the cage! I wish we had space for something like that! And I love those pack and plays. It's been so hard not to go crazy buying baby things for Aaron, but I can't justify it because Matthew's stuff is good enough right now.

And I'm so glad you like the car seat cover! I tried to get thicker material so it could withstand the rain!