Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The ER is a happy place...

Wooden train tracks do not make rings!

Mason came to me with his finger stuck in a wooden track, he kept saying "mama pwetty STUCK" nothing worked!  We tried Vaseline, veggie oil, dawn, KY, ice bath... you google it, it tried it! 

His finger started to swell, so I called Kristy to watch Miles (thanks Langworthy fam), then I called Micah to meet me at the ER, and then I called my friend Steph who works in the ER as an RN to get us right in (I'm all about favors in emergencies), she was however in working at another hospital (darn you steph!)  She sent a bunch of texts full of advice.

We got to the ER and Mason work the Nurses like a pro, they snuck us into one of the exam rooms, had a paramedic/fireman take a peek.  We all distracted Mason (Mic arrived right at this moment) and the guy popped it right off! 

WE SURVIVED OUR FIRST TRIP TO THE ER!!

No comments: