Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The man strikes again

So today I went in to the Doc knowing that I still have 2 weeks and nothing I say or do is going to get me out of this last stretch.  I decided to take Mase w/ me, he is my guard against privacy invasion (if you've had a baby you know what they want to do the last couple of visits)! 

Mase and I get called back by the nurse and this was our conversation:

Nurse~ Well Melinda looks like you are almost done

Me~ What do you mean looks?

Nurse~ I was referring to your chart

Me~ Are you sure you have the right chart I have 3 months left... just kidding!

She started laughing pretty hard (I've known her since I was pregs w/ Mase... she gets my sense of humor)

Nurse~ So, Melinda its getting to that time that the Doctor wants to check and see how your Cervics is ripening.

Me~ Why?  Green, ripe, or spoiled... if my water breaks he will be top of the list to know!

Nurse~ He just wants to check and make sure everythings ok

Me~ Tell him over my dead body, he'll get to see my guts in 12 days and not a moment sooner! 

My nurse left laughing so hard she had tears... I could hear her telling the doc and then hear him laughing too.

My doc came in really quick after that said no examine was needed... we chatted for a bit, he said one more visit and then we are done. WAAAHOOOO!!!!!

1 comment:

Mechelle said...

You are so freakin funny! I hope everything goes well!