Sunday, August 2, 2009

A camping we will go...

Micah and I have never been camping together... Seriously, not in 5 yrs! Our friends the Widmer's are super outdoorsie, when they say camping they mean hiking 10 miles into the wilderness and pitching a tent in the middle of no where... that is amazing and disturbing to me. They decided to go "Car" camping (a watered down version of their camping) and included us in their plans. We survived and now we are hooked! How could we not be, listening to the river following by the camp, the quiet hum of a busy forest, and smelling the many joints being smoked in the sites around us (I had a serious case of the muchies all night)! It was a perfect trip, in true Oregon fashion!


The Widmer family... RL decided to get in a little fly fishing... the next day he caught an 18in rainbow and he was seriously excited!

The babies finally went down sometime after 11 and the adults stayed up chatting until well after 1... Micah and RL talked shop all night!

Chocolate chip cookies make great breakfasts... they are part of the 8th food group!

The pack n play was not a hit, not even close!

My little monster... such a little man!

Micah and RL slept outside on a tarp, when we lifted the tarp we found 5 of these little guys under it, yuck!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

that's my kind of camping! our weather here sounds like your weather there right now so I might have to take a cue from you and plan a quick overnighter this weekend!

Clingers said...

I dont know about that question but that must have been FUN FUN FUN i hope that THING did not have any sort of desiese!!!


Cam

P.s. WE NEED TO MEET!!!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

What a great trip! Wish us luck on our outing. I used to think that Mas looked just like you but now I think he is looking more and more like Mic. Maybe it is the short hair.

Brittney said...

Mason is such a cutie! Holy cow!

Hey- I need your email address so I can invite you guys to see our blog. I am making it private.